What's covered in this article
We are aware many users of Verinote mobile (3.2) reported not being able to upload attachments, especially in regional areas, and experienced unreliability when making Verinote entries in areas with low or no internet coverage. These attachments, however, were saved locally to your device.
While Verinote mobile version 3.9 addresses offline and low internet coverage syncing issues, it is still expected users may have un-synced photos or recordings on their mobile devices. As such, we have introduced a Data Recovery function within the application.
We don't expect you will need to use this often, as Verinote mobile becomes more reliable. However, with an understanding your recorded photographs and audio files are extremely valuable, we will maintain this functionality within the application in the event unforeseen sync errors occur again.
Below is a guide to using the Data Recovery function within Verinote 3.9 or later.
What you need
You will need to update your Verinote mobile version to 3.9 or later by visiting Verinote on the Apple App Store and selecting 'UPDATE'. Please note, if 'UPDATE' isn't available, that's great. It means you are already on the latest version.
You may also need access to your desktop or laptop computer, to re-authenticate by scanning the QR Code as you did when you first registered your Verinote mobile application. If you need a reminder, here are the steps to do so.
Recovering any un-synced data
- Once you are logged into your Verinote mobile application. First, create a test note to ensure your location services, access to camera and access to recording permissions are set. This can be as simple as creating a new note titled 'Test', adding a photograph and allowing location services permissions if requested by your device.
- Once you have successfully created a test note, proceed to the menu from the top left corner of the screen and select 'Data Recovery'.
- You will see three items:
- Notes Found
- Voice Recordings Found
- Photos Found
- Select the type of attachment you want to begin recovering and select each item, before selecting recover 'x' photos (for example).
- It will indicate you may have un-synced notes, we recommend you select 'recover anyway'.
- Verinote will then begin recovering the attachments and varify they have been uploaded to the database.
- Once you return to the home screen and select 'Today' at the top.
- By this time, you should see an entry titled 'recovered photos' (or voice recordings or notes).
You can repeat this step for each notes, voice recordings and/or photos, depending on what attachments have failed to sync.
Please refer to the below video for a walkthrough of the process.